Sea freight (FCL/LCL)
Sea freight is the most affordable mode of transportation today, well ahead of rail and air transportation. While using sea transport it is possible to deliver goods to almost anywhere in the world, optimizing the cost of shipping and providing conditions to reduce production costs. Our company offers international sea freight at a fair price and with a high level of service.
We offer our customers an integrated approach, which includes various delivery options regarding speed and timing, individual cost calculation taking into account the conditions of transportation and additional services. You can choose the option that suits you more than others in terms of price and terms. All this can significantly reduce the cost to an acceptable level and make shipping from China and other countries profitable for all sides of the process. We guarantee the safety and integrity of goods during transportation to anywhere in the world using specially equipped containers and modern logistics tools.
International shipping of goods with Unicore Overseas has the following advantages:
- Our company is rightfully leader in the field of maritime freight, providing a range of services and the most favorable prices.
- We offer delivery of goods by sea anywhere in the world. Many companies are engaged in delivery mainly from China, but we are not limited to this, constantly expanding the range of our activities. Our permanent missions are located in all ports of China and Asia, we offer delivery of goods by sea to the ports of other countries of the world, optimizing your expenses and guaranteeing the safety of cargo.
- All container shipping is carried out using FCL (Full Container Load) and LCL (Less Than Container Load) service. This means that the total amount of cargo does not matter. You can transport several pallets or many containers, conditions and prices still remain the most profitable for you! We work with any clients and any volumes of cargo!
- You need to deliver the goods by sea, while optimizing the time and financial costs? Contact us, our company specialists will offer you various delivery options, advise on the issues of sea cargo transportation, help you find the right solution for transporting your cargo.
Benefits of the international shipping of goods by sea
Modern shipping of goods is a complex logistical operation, demanded in various fields of activity. The use of sea containers as a tool for transportation allows you to significantly reduce the cost of delivery and the overall range of logistics measures. But the organization of cargo delivery by sea requires high professionalism in the legal field. Such operations include many mandatory activities, during which international laws and regulations applicable to cargo transportation should be taken into account.
International logistics activities in the oceans and the sea are governed by special rules aimed at meeting the same conditions:
- economic, legal protection of the cargo;
- ocean ecology protection;
- ensuring the safety of vehicles and personnel.
- Legal acts and laws regulating the sphere of international cargo transportation by sea
All international maritime transport of goods is controlled by international laws, as laws or regulations of only one of any state cannot be applied to them. Such rules must comply with all carriers and countries, even those who have not entered into international treaties. The geographical position, being in the area of responsibility of another state in this case does not matter.
The most significant today are the international “Hamburg Rules” on cargo transportation by sea and the UN convention. These standards are binding, which requires special legal support for the delivery of goods by sea containers and other means.
Forms of international shipping
All shipping of goods by sea can be provided using various forms and schemes. The most popular form is liner shipping, the main principle of which is the regularity of transport and logistics operations between individual ports according to a fixed schedule. Such a message is supported by one or several vessels and is divided into the following types:
- liner one-way shipping supported by only one shipowner;
- common, implemented by different companies, but subject to prior agreement between them;
- conventional, under which the carriage of goods is carried out on the basis of agreements of conferences between individual companies.
Another form of shipping is tramp, that is, conducted on an irregular basis without a contract and a timetable drawn up earlier. Such transportation is carried out on demand, they require registration of a package of documents for customs control.
There is standardised contract form being used in maritime transport, simple standard contract - pro forma charter. It is concluded between the shipowner and the charterer for a fixed term or voyage, the subject of the contract is the whole ship or part of it. Freight in this case is the fee for shipping, the term "under the freight" means the carriage of goods on a rented vessel.
Freight is divided into the following types in terms and conditions:
- single or consecutive flights;
- demise-charter, time-charter, bareboat-charter.
- What determines the cost of international shipping of goods
Container shipping by right is considered the cheapest, most profitable and safe. Using containerised shipping option the delivery of goods of any type and volume is carried out while maintaining the safety and security of the goods. The cost of transportation consists of the following factors:
- weight, volume of production;
- transportation direction;
- type, value of the cargo carried;
- the provision of a number of additional services;
- import / export tariffs.
Taking into account all these parameters, choose the most optimal option offered on the market, optimize costs and reduce time.
Features of pricing for shipping services
Transportation of most types of goods is carried out using special containers. The general prices for shipping goods by sea depend on their type and volume, delivery characteristics, export / import costs and other factors. The lowest price is the delivery of containers at 20 and 40 feet, these are the most common ways of transportation of products of various types. The most expensive is the delivery with the help of refrigerators, as the price lays down maintenance, equipment repair, electricity costs, the creation of special conditions of transportation.
Pricing is set by the type of container used. Closed standard models can speed up the loading and unloading process, which reduces overall labor costs and makes the cost more attractive. Open structures require additional maintenance costs, ensuring the safety of goods and services during transportation on board.
Additional costs are taken into account when delivering oversized structures, which take up a lot of space on the deck or hold, requiring compliance with the conditions for securing the container, attracting additional human resources during loading and unloading.
Customs clearance in the international carriage of goods by sea
Customs control is an integral part of the process of sea freight from China and other countries. Customs clearance measures are mandatory for imported and exported goods, the exact list of necessary actions depends on the purpose of transportation, the type of cargo and many other factors. These include such concepts as temporary import and export, transit, import or export, re-import, re-export, and others.
At registration, the responsible person provides the customs service with full data on the cargo being transported. All information displayed in the documentation must be correct and reliable, otherwise the goods may be removed, and all discrepancies will be punished by law. The customs control procedure is carried out at special internal points or in the port. It is allowed to transport cargo to the clearance from the port in case of internal customs transit.
Customs clearance procedure
Our company offers international sea freight from China and other countries, carried out in full compliance with the norms and requirements of the law. Supervision over the implementation of laws and customs clearance of cargo is carried out by the Federal Customs Service, which is governed by international treaties of the Russian Federation, legislative acts of the Russian Federation, the Merchant Shipping Code. The process of cargo clearance at the port includes negotiations with representatives of the Customs Union, the provision of a package of accompanying documentation, reports on the payment of milestones of mandatory fees. The key stages of this design are:
- filling out and filing the declaration, its verification of the correctness of the filling and accuracy, the presence of all the required signatures and seals (the declaration is submitted by an authorized person);
- control codes TNVED, documents on the appointment, the origin of the goods (this stage also includes the issue of the issuance of incentives for transportation);
- verification of customs value;
- verification of customs payments, the validity of the benefits, the timely submission of documentation, the completeness of the volume of all payments made;
- inspection procedure, passing cargo across the border.
In the process of customs clearance of container shipping by sea, a package of documentation should be submitted, including:
- specification or pack-lit;
- duly completed expert declaration;
- Verified Gross Mass (Verified Gross Mass Container);
All questions relating to sea freight, you can ask our specialists on these phones. Qualified logisticians consultant