Oversize cargo transportatation
Do you need to transport any oversize load or non-standard cargo but cannot find a suitable option? We will be able to help you!
What is heavy lift and non-standard cargo transport?
Non-standard, heavy lift or oversize load cargo cannot be placed in a typical cargo box or container, therefore it needs a special transport, and we, here at Unicore Overseas, offer such option.
The most popular items requiring non-standard cargo transport:
- Construction machinery
- Modular houses
- Agricultural and forestry machinery
- Wind generators
- Industrial machinery
- Building structure elements
- Metal constructions of varied configuration
And other non-standard cargoes
Oversized cargoes are carried by motorways by special vehicles or by sea, which requires maximum coordination for numerous tasks solution:
- Preparation of required set of documents (including permits);
- Exact elaboration of the route excluding problem areas;
- Special machinery selection required for transportation of non-standards oversized heavy load
- Loading operations considering all peculiarities of cargo and its transportation;
- Cargo marking and sealing meeting the requirements of its safety;
- Cargo insurance (at the client’s option).
Within the European Union (EC), the Council Directive 96/53/EC gives information about the
permissible dimensions and weights for certain road vehicles in international traffic. Vehicle
combinations (trucks with ordinary trailers or semi-trailers) which comply with the criteria specified
here may travel on roads within the EU without a special permit. The size and weight limits set by
the Council Directive are summarised in the tables.